Jan. 18, 2019

BUSHKILL TOWNSHIP – With both sales and questions about transactions in her district on the rise, state Rep. Marcia Hahn (R-Bushkill Township) is warning consumers about proper procedures to follow when purchasing a mobile or manufactured home.

“My district office has received several telephone calls from buyers about the correct process for making a purchase,” Hahn said. “Bottom line, the state of Pennsylvania treats mobile and manufactured homes in parks like vehicles, in that they must be titled through PennDOT, and a checklist exists for buyers and sellers to follow when entering into such a transaction.”

Whether the mobile home is new or used, a title transfer must be obtained by the buyer. Only a notary who is a full-issue PennDOT agent can facilitate such a transfer, and not all notaries are full-issue agents.

“The titling process requires the seller to provide proof that all current and back taxes are paid in full,” added Hahn. “The recent change in law adds school district real estate taxes to the list of items under tax status certification, and the transferor must provide that certification at the time of transfer. Previously, only proof of paid county and municipal taxes were necessary.

“It is also a good idea to ensure all utility bills are paid and in good standing.”

A fact sheet that explains the purchasing process is available by visiting PennDOT’s website, www.penndot.gov and searching for “Titling a Mobile Home or Manufactured Home.”

Anyone with additional questions about this issue should call Hahn’s district office at (610) 746-2100.

?Representative Marcia Hahn
138th District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives

Media Contact: Scott Little
www.RepHahn.com / www.Facebook.com/RepHahn